What is Growing Gorillas?
At SBG Whitefish we offer a program called Growing Gorillas, an SBG Kids martial arts curriculum. It combines the discipline of martial arts & yoga training with personal development and life skills. Kids of all ages and abilities at Straight Blast Gym become independent thinkers and compassionate leaders, learning to navigate all of life’s challenges.
We offer 4 Age Groups, all of which learn BJJ and complete the life skills homework in a way that conducive to their age level.
- Micro Monkeys – 3 to 5 years
- Spider Monkeys – 5 to 7 years
- Chimpanzees – 7 to 8 years
- Juniors – 9 to 12 years & 13 to 15 years
What Are the Benefits of Growing Gorillas?
While martial arts training is our delivery system for the development of young minds and bodies, our core philosophy is rooted in a commitment to developing young bodies and minds to be successful in life.
Children in martial arts based movement education programs like Growing Gorillas benefit from much more than learning physical skills – they learn to think differently, make better decisions, and develop a positive relationship with their bodies.
Empowering Future Leaders
In addition to martial arts training, the Growing Gorillas program employs confidence building techniques and leadership development protocols to bring out the best in your young students.
- Learn how to set goals & follow through with them
- Approach obstacles with a positive attitude & a growth mindset
- Practical self defense skills that can be applied to real life situations
- A consistent, year-round athletics program that makes physical activity a lifestyle while having fun.
Submit the contact form below & we’ll get back to you as soon as possible